Ararat Rural City has recorded a 64th consecutive day with no new cases of coronavirus, on a day where only three new cases were recorded statewide.
None of these three new cases were recorded in regional Victoria. The Northern Grampians, Horsham, Yarriambiack, West Wimmera and Hindmarsh municipalities also remain without any new or active cases.
Wednesday's Department of Health and Human Services report shows there were only three cases of the virus in regional Victoria altogether, all of them in Shepparton and none of them acquired overnight.
In Victoria at the current time:
- 4276 cases may indicate community transmission - a decrease of one since yesterday
- 109 cases are currently active in Victoria
- 10 cases of coronavirus are in hospital, there are no cases in intensive care
- 19,329 people have recovered from the virus
- A total of 2,984,494 test results have been received which is an increase of 17,409 since yesterday
Of the total cases:
- 18,927 cases are from metropolitan Melbourne, while 1198 are from regional Victoria
- Total cases include 9691 men and 10,619 women
- Total number of healthcare workers: 3602, active cases: 8
- There are 8 active cases relating to aged care facilities
- 3 active cases are currently linked to Uniting Age Well Preston (total cases: 5)
- 2 active cases are currently linked to Estia Aged Care Facility Keilor (total cases: 52)
Non-aged care outbreaks with the highest number of active cases include:
- 14 active cases are currently linked to the north metro region community (total cases: 23)
- 8 active cases are currently linked to the Box Hill Hospital (total cases: 14)
- 7 cases are currently linked to the south-eastern community (total cases: 9)
- 5 active cases are currently linked to the Chadstone Shopping Centre (total cases: 39)
- 3 active cases are currently linked to the Hoppers Crossing community outbreak (total cases: 4)