THE number of Wimmera coronavirus cases has fallen to single digits again after the reclassification of its newest case.
On Tuesday, the Department of Health and Human Services announced a fourth case of the virus in Northern Grampians - the region's 10th case overall.
It was the Wimmera's only active coronavirus case and was the first in almost two months.
However on Friday the case was removed from the state government's data.
Now, Northern Grampians case numbers again sit at three, with zero active cases.
A department spokesperson said local government area data was continually analysed.
"The health of the community is always our priority, and we communicate information to Victorians as soon as it becomes available to us," the spokesperson said.
"Our LGA data is continually analysed and clarified as our contact tracing teams gather information - so published numbers are always subject to change."
Changes can be caused by many reasons, such as a person listing a different residential address when they are tested from where they actually reside, or the wrong postcode being recorded.
"As part of our contact tracing, any individuals, organisations or sites known to have been exposed to the virus are contacted and provided with advice about the transmission risks and what next steps to take around isolation, health and hygiene, to look after themselves and the broader Victorian community," the spokesperson said.
This is the second time this has happened with Northern Grampians COVID-19 data.
On March 19, a fourth case was recorded for about 24 hours before vanishing.
However, Ararat's official total sits at five cases, with four false-positives recorded at the city's Hopkins Correctional Centre included in the results.
Before Tuesday, the region's last confirmed case was in Horsham Rural City on April 8.
The state's total number of coronavirus cases is 1634 - a net increase of six since Thursday.
There have been 166 confirmed cases of coronavirus in Victoria that might have been acquired through unknown transmission.
Seven people are in hospital, including two patients in intensive care. 1549 people have recovered.
There are seven new cases since Thursday. One case was removed from the overall total due to reclassification.
Once again, the state's chief health officer Brett Sutton has urged vigilance to continue the battle against COVID-19.
"It is increasingly important that we stay at home when unwell and get tested, wash our hands regularly, sneeze and cough into our elbow and maintain physical distancing," he said.
"These are common sense actions to ensure we don't create a second wave of this serious disease, as we have seen in other countries once they have eased their stringent regulations."
Professor Sutton also backed orders from Premier Daniel Andrews for people to continue working from home if possible at least until the end of June.
"Victorians have done a remarkable job so far sticking to the coronavirus restrictions and staying at home has saved lives. But now is not the time for complacency," he said.
"We are also asking Victorians to continue this amazing effort and get tested if they have symptoms of coronavirus, however mild, because the more tests we do, the more data we have about the prevalence of coronavirus in the community.
"People with even the mildest of symptoms of coronavirus including fever, chills, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, runny nose or loss of sense of smell are encouraged to get tested."
We have removed our paywall from this story about the coronavirus. This is a rapidly changing situation and we want to make sure our readers are as informed as possible. If you would like to support our journalists you can subscribe here.