Forest Fire Management Victoria and the CFA have advised that the following fuel reduction planned burning will be carried out from Thursday April 9, weather permitting:
Grampians - Boronia Track, Fuel Reduction, 960ha Map reference XD390810
This burn should be completed between 11am and 8pm on Saturday, April 11.
FFMV advised residents in the Wimmera they may be affected by smoke from these planned burns.
Smoke may be visible from nearby localities and communities.
What to do about:
- If you are experiencing any symptoms that may be due to smoke exposure, the Department of Health and Human Services advises that you should seek medical advice or call Nurse on Call on 1300 606 024
- Close windows and doors to prevent smoke from entering
- Road travel may be hazardous due to low visibility associated with smoke
- Signs may be in place to slow traffic. Obey all traffic signs and instructions from fire agency crews near the burn
- For travel times and roadworks check http://traffic.vicroads.vic.gov.au
ACCESS TO FOREST/PARK RECREATION SITES
- Be aware of planned burns happening in your local area and stay clear of areas where burns are taking place or areas that have recently been burnt
- Access to walking tracks, car parks, camping grounds and picnic sites in areas close to or in burn areas may be restricted
- For parks closures, please refer to Parks Victoria on 13 1963 or visit http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/
Stay informed about Planned Burning
Visit our website at http://www.vic.gov.au/plannedburn
Call the VicEmergency Hotline on freecall 1800 226 226
Visit VicEmergency website www.emergency.vic.gov.au
Download the Vic Emergency app
Sign up for automated notifications about planned burns near you via www.delwp.vic.gov.au/pbns
Callers who are deaf, hard of hearing, or have a speech/communication impairment can contact via the National Relay Service on 1800 555 677.
While you're with us, you can now receive updates straight to your inbox each Friday morning from the Stawell Times-News. To make sure you're up-to-date with all the news from across the Northern Grampians shire, sign up here.