UPDATE - 1pm:
The advice message has now been removed.
UPDATE - 12pm:
The fire is now listed as under control.
The advice message is still in place.
EARLIER - 11am:
AN ADVICE message has been issued for Willaura North as emergency crews work to control a grass fire
The grassfire is travelling from Andrews Lane in a southerly direction.
More than 10 crews have been paged to attend the fire.
There is currently no threat to you, but you should stay informed and monitor conditions.
What you should do:
- Keep the roads clear so emergency services can respond.
Impacts in your area:
- Smoke may be visible from nearby roads and communities.
This message was issued by Country Fire Authority.
The next update is expected by 13/01/2021 01:10 pm or as the situation changes.
For more information on preparing for grass fires visit: www.cfa.vic.gov.au/plan-prepare/grassfires-rural.
- If you need medical advice for burns or exposure to smoke, seek medical advice or call Nurse on Call on 1300 606 024.
- Anyone experiencing wheezing, chest tightness and difficulty breathing should call Triple Zero (000).
- Smoke can affect people's health.
- People with heart or lung conditions (including asthma), children, pregnant women and older people are more sensitive to the effects of breathing in smoke.
- People with existing heart or lung conditions (including asthma) should follow the treatment plan advised by the doctor.
Use multiple sources to stay informed:
The following services can help you, or someone you know, access information during an emergency.
- To access this information in other languages call the Translating and Interpreting Service on 131 450 (freecall) and ask them to call VicEmergency Hotline.
- If you are deaf, hard of hearing, or have a speech/communication impairment contact National Relay Service on 1800 555 677 and ask them to call the VicEmergency Hotline.
More details at http://emergency.vic.gov.au/respond/#!/warning/15551/moreinfo