Forest Fire Management Victoria have planned a burn in the Grampians on Friday, weather conditions permitting.
The ecological burn on Syphon Road 17 kilometres south west of Halls Gap will target an area of about 200ha.
The burn is proposed to end on Sunday July 19.
The following warning has been issued:
You may be affected by smoke from these planned burns
Smoke may be visible from nearby localities and communities
What to do about:
- If you are experiencing any symptoms that may be due to smoke exposure, the Department of Health and Human Services advises that you should seek medical advice or call Nurse on Call on 1300 606 024
- Close windows and doors to prevent smoke from entering
- Road travel may be hazardous due to low visibility associated with smoke
- Signs may be in place to slow traffic. Obey all traffic signs and instructions from fire agency crews near the burn
- For travel times and roadworks check http://traffic.vicroads.vic.gov.au
ACCESS TO FOREST/PARK RECREATION SITES
- Be aware of planned burns happening in your local area and stay clear of areas where burns are taking place or areas that have recently been burnt
- Access to walking tracks, car parks, camping grounds and picnic sites in areas close to or in burn areas may be restricted
For parks closures, please refer to Parks Victoria on 13 1963 or visit parkweb.vic.gov.au.
Stay informed about Planned Burning
Visit our website at https://www.ffm.vic.gov.au/
Call the VicEmergency Hotline on freecall 1800 226 226
Download the Vic Emergency app
Sign up forautomated notifications about planned burns near you via