East Grampians Business award winners were announce at a gala dinner on Thursday.
Pomonal Estate claimed the top prize taking out the business of the year award.
Ararat Rural City Council chief executive Dr Tim Harrison said the Council held the awards to recognise excellence in a sector that brings much economic activity and growth to the region.
Award category winners were:
- Retail - Growmaster Grampians (honourable mention - Three Blooms)
- Professional Services - Skinco (honourable mention - Ararat Physiotherapy and Health Services)
- Agribusiness - Perennial Pasture Systems
- Tourism and hospitality - Pomonal Estate (honourable mention - Acacia Caravan Park)
- Innovation and Technology - AF Gason
- People's Choice - Three Blooms
- Business of the Year - Pomonal Estate
Dr Harrison congratulated all the winners and thanked everyone who entered the awards as well as the independent judges.
"Entering awards like these is a great opportunity for a business to take stock of their achievements and think about where they want to go in future," he said.
"The awards provide businesses in the Ararat municipality with the opportunity to grow, develop and further enhance their business, thus ensuring the awards remain a relevant and important part of our business community."
Dr Harrison said the East Grampians Business Awards followed on from the now-defunct Grampians Pyrenees Business Awards that date back to 1999. This year the award application process was simplified.
More to come.
Ho, Ho, Ho... while you're with us did you know you can buy a digital gift subscription to the Ararat Advertiser. Give the gift they'll open every day. Buy now here.
While you're with us, you can now receive updates straight to your inbox each Friday morning from the Ararat Advertiser. To make sure you're up-to-date with all the news from Ararat and districts, sign up here.
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date.