Your new company
You will be joining Sydney Metro in the construction of the Pitt Street or Waterloo station.
Your new role
Site Engineer - In this role you will be responsible for providing technical and on-site advice to support the Project Engineer and Project Manager in the construction of the Pitt Street or Waterloo contract package.
- Manage parts of construction projects within the relevant work package to assist the Project Engineer in the delivery of plan, schedule, milestones and key deliverables;
- Assess and report on the implementation of plans to ensure that management plans for sites are appropriately implemented;
- Undertake routine site activities and maintain detailed site records of work performed and construction activities to ensure all works are carried out in accordance with contract documents.
- Review and check technical designs and drawings and oversee building and construction work to ensure that designs are followed correctly and provide technical information for monthly reporting purposes;
- Provide timely and accurate incident reporting and assistance on-site during an incident, and monitor and control risks ensuring adherence to Sydney Metro's risk management plan (RMP);
- Monitor progress of works, including the identification, recording and archiving of non-conformance issues;
- The assessment of financial claims and variations from the Contractor
- Prepare regular reporting on project specific quality and environmental issues to ensure compliance with legislative requirements and plans
- Adhoc administrative duties as required.
What you'll need to succeed
- Tertiary qualification in an Engineering discipline or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated design and/or construction with Tier 1 building and/or infrastructure experience.
- Knowledge and experience of construction principles including technical aspects of materials, equipment and safety in construction.
- The ability to read and interpret technical specifications and design drawings (including Building Services and Architectural Specifications)
- Experience in building fit out and finishes is highly desirable
- Willingness to undertake weekend work if required
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Rebecca Harris now on 0426570367.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
LHS 297508 #2575230