Your new company
The Compliance Officer will report directly to the Deputy Principal and will be responsible for the smooth operation and of compliance functions within the School. The Compliance Officer will build relationships at all levels to drive increased efficiency and ensure implementation of compliance requirements.
Your new role
- Ensure the alignment of governance, risk and compliance frameworks
- Facilitate key compliance obligations, with the support of legal and other relevant resources, and translate those requirements into actionable policies and procedures
- Work with other key stakeholders, including the School Executive towards the integration of the key governance and operational programs
- Provide assurance to key stakeholders in relation to overall compliance and related laws and regulations
- Work with other key stakeholders to ensure strategic and operational outcomes through the use of CompliSpace (governance, risk management and compliance software program)
- Provide risk reports for the School Executive, Finance Audit Risk Committee and the School Board
- Facilitate the effective implementation of policies and procedures that are required to effectively
- Facilitate the maintenance of risk registers
- Liaise with regulators as required Monitor and measure compliance performance
- Undertake compliance and risk reviews and assist department heads to conduct risk assessments
- Facilitate the appropriate maintenance of compliance records, policies and procedures
- Ensure that risk controls and treatment plans are carried out efficiently and effectively
- Ensure staff and senior management complete relevant compliance and awareness training
What you'll need to succeed
- Qualifications and experience in compliance, risk management or governance
- Ability to use compliance software applications
- Excellent computer skills in MS Word, Excel etc
- Ability to gain knowledge of current compliance legislation
- Ability to meet deadlines and milestones
- Ability to work autonomously and to supervise the work of others
What you'll get in return
This is a 6 month Fixed Term Contract-Maternity Leave cover (with a possibility to extend).
For your dedication and hard work, you will be remunerated at $90-100k + Super.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Julie on 02 88601636
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
LHS 297508 #2639384