Forest Fire Management Victoria and the Country Fire Authority have postponed a planned burn around Camp Hill Road at Beaufort.
Firefighters had scheduled the planned burn’s ignition for Tuesday but postponed the operation due to unsuitable forecast weather conditions in the coming days.
Forest Fire Management Victoria has said it will be continue to monitor the weather and fuel conditions to look for future opportunities to delivery this burn.
“There is a potential for later this week, however standard notifications will be issued to advise when it is scheduled, a Forest Fire Management Victoria statement said.
The burn was originally planned to last for four days.
When the planned burn does take place, smoke might be visible from nearby localities and communities, which could also be affected by smoke from this planned burn.
Forest Fire Management Victoria has advised:
- If you are experiencing any symptoms that may be due to smoke exposure, the Department of Health and Human Services advises that you should seek medical advice or call Nurse on Call on 1300 606 024
- Close windows and doors to prevent smoke from entering
- Road travel may be hazardous due to low visibility associated with smoke
- Signs may be in place to slow traffic. Obey all traffic signs and instructions from fire agency crews near the burn
- For travel times and roadworks check http://traffic.vicroads.vic.gov.au
Access to forest or park recreation sites
- Be aware of planned burns happening in your local area and stay clear of areas where burns are taking place or areas that have recently been burnt
- Access to walking tracks, car parks, camping grounds and picnic sites in areas close to or inburn areas may be restricted
For parks closures, please refer to Parks Victoria on 13 1963 or visit http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/
Stay informed about Planned Burning online at http://ffm.vic.gov.au/plannedburn
Call the VicEmergency Hotline on freecall 1800 226 226
Visit VicEmergency website www.emergency.vic.gov.au
Sign up for automated notifications about planned burns near you via www.ffm.vic.gov.au/pbns
Callers who are deaf, hard of hearing, or have a speech/communication impairment can contact via the National Relay Service on 1800 555 677.